Going into your final year of high school is exciting. Here are seven college application tips to remember for your senior year checklist in high school:
1) You should narrow your choice of school down to just a few finalists. By the time you start 12th grade, you should have your selection down to just three to five schools.
2) If you have not already taken your SAT’s, you will need to do so during your senior year in high school. If you took it in your junior year and were not happy with the results, you can take it again.
3) Finish applying for scholarships. You do NOT want to miss out on the chance for free money! Many of these programs have early deadlines.
4) Arrange meetings with your high school guidance counselor. They will assist you in completing the college application process and applying for financial aid.
5) Finish all the various parts of your application for the institutions remaining on your list.
6) Ask for recommendations from favorite teachers and your counselor.
7) In January, ask your parents if they can complete their taxes early. This can help you with your financial aid paperwork.
Remember to keep taking tough courses, especially those that will gear you up for college. And don’t let senioritis strike, either. Keep your grades up throughout your final year of secondary school. Also take care of yourself – eat and sleep well. You are closing in on the last steps of your college application process!